Radim Boháček explains the importance of macroprudential policies in this short video. Continue reading
- To analyse the trade-off between good and bad times created by macroprudential policies
- To examine issues of international cooperation and coordination with monetary policy
- To design the optimal macroprudential policy
By Radim Boháček, CERGE-EI, Charles University, Prague.
Hugo Rodríguez Mendizábal describes the functions of the European Central Bank and takes a look at narrow banking in this short video. Continue reading
- To assess the weaknesses of the current banking union, the European Central Bank design and implementation
- To evaluate possible conflicts between the banking union, European Central Bank and national authorities
- To recommend improvements and alternatives
By Hugo Rodriguez, Instituto de Análisis Económico (CSIC), MOVE and Barcelona GSE.